Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentines Day decorating (charger plates)

With only one week until Valentines day I thought I would share a simple idea with you. I know that charger plates (the fake plates that sit under your dinner plate for decoration), can be difficult to find and sometimes expensive, so here is an idea that may help in your Valentines decorating.

I discovered these wonderful "heart doilies" on Martha Stewart's website, and found them super simple to make. Just ensure you follow the instructions carefully and make sure that you look carefully at the pictures of how to fold the napkins, I had many "half" napkins because I folded them the wrong way. If after a few attempts you are still having trouble, please e-mail me and I'll send you photographs.

Place the completed doilies under your dinner plates, glasses, etc., for a sweet look! I tried out the decoration last night at a dinner party with our lovely friends, and they were a hit (photos above are of my table setting)! Thank you to my talented photographer husband for the great photos (www.fotobia.com) :)

Happy V-Day Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment