Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bring on "Kite Flying Day"

Who knew that February 8th was Kite Flying day? Kite flying is great fun, although I have to admit that I have not flown a kite since I was a child, the idea of a day dedicated to kite flying is exciting!

Ben Franklin was perhaps the most well known kite flyer. So as it has been told, he flew a kite in a thunderstorm and discovered electric charge. He got a kick out of flying kites! He he he! Apparently Kites were first used by the military in ancient China over 3,000 years ago (I have no idea what for, just giving you useless information to tell your friends and co-workers today!).

I understand that people who live in the north may not be interested in going out into the snow to fly a kite on Monday, but there is no excuse for all our Floridian and Aussie pals and gals!

I have a kite download for you so there are no excuses! (courtesy of Anthony's Kite workshop!)

"With tuppence for paper and strings, you can have your own set of wings".... Go fly a Kite!

No comments:

Post a Comment