Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Going Cuckoo!


I thought that "National Cuckoo Warning Day" was a appropriate post for the blog due to the crazy past month or so, talk about super busy! I have no idea how the time passed, but I'm excited to get back to blogging and sharing the crazy holidays coming up :)

Every year Cuckoo Warning Day is celebrated on the 21st of June. The saying goes that if the cuckoo sings, your summer will be a wet one. So bring along a warm, bright and beautiful summer for yourself and your loved ones by sending them some warm wishes.

Perhaps because I was born in a town that borders
Germany (lol) I feel drawn to cuckoo clocks, and have had a blast looking at all the wonderful contemporary cuckoo clocks that are available on the web. So in the spirit of "National Cuckoo Warning Day" I thought I would blog about these amazing cuckoo clock related items!

I adore this Cuckoo Clock Wall Hanging from decoylab on etsy.com as well as this Cuckoo Clock Ornament from Anthropologie.


I also really want to get this Cuckoo Clock Charming Silhouette from AFancifulTwist on etsy.com

and I know many lovely Jacksonville ladies would also love this Cake Time Tea Towel by MrPS, also on etsy.com (gees that website is great!).


In all of the items above the strongest theme to me seems to be modern, simple colours, and a retro feel. I am currently watching a few cuckoo clocks on e-bay. I plan to buy a clock and paint it one simple solid color, definitely thinking turquoise or vintage green! You could also buy a cuckoo clock image and add your own clock movement (you can pick these up for little money on e-bay).


Happy Cuckoo Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment