Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Halloween

One week until Halloween, I cannot believe how fast the year has gone. It has been a busy and exciting year. These days it seems I rarely get the chance to sit and write anything, so I thought I would share some of my Halloween decorating with you. I am very much in the Halloween and fall mood since we spent a week in Boston last week. We traveled to Cape Cod and the fall decoration on those beautiful homes was inspirational.

My favorite Cape Cod city was Chatham. What a dreamy place (since houses are a few million each, it will definitely be a dream!)!. We arrived into Chatham in the early afternoon and were greeted by the cutest church, with a pumpkin patch out the front :)
We spent the entire weekend in love with every city we visited..I'm already planning to go for a longer vacation there some time next year :) The fall leaves were not at their peak, I read an article in a newspaper in Providence which said the colors are delayed this year due to the unseasonal warm weather. I hope the leaves in Central Park have peaked as we will be in New York next week and that is always a highlight of the trip to New York in the fall.

I haven't done a lot of decorating as we will be in New York most of next week, but I brought out my favorite white pumpkin which I got from a talented lady on ETSY who made it for me with a custom "BOO" (you can also have your name carved into the pumpkin if you prefer).

The Mint Julep cups are now filled with pine cones instead of my spring-look green decorations, and the cranberry candles fill the house with the smell of Autumn!
My mum sent me this amazing paper decoration that her friend makes,

and I teamed it with my Martha Stewart spider garland to give it that Halloween feel. If you want one of these, you can buy them on Amazon (HERE)

Happy Hallo-week decorating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment