Friday, February 11, 2011

It's almost V-Day!


Image from the US Cranberries website

Hello dear friends, I know have been away for some time, but I am so glad to be back! Happy 2011, hope the year is off to a great start for you all. It's been an amazing year so far for us, I cannot wait to see what the rest of 2011 holds!! As I think about my Valentine (my lovely husband Daniel) I want to say a huge congratulations to him on opening up his photography studio this past month, exciting times and much success!!

I'm sure you're all aware of what holiday is coming up in 3 days...how could you possibly miss all of the red and pink heart decorations everywhere...lol :) This year I thought I would seek out unusual V-Day decorations and gift ideas, inspired by a link sent to me by my dear friend Arna Banana (thanks AB!). Arna recently sent me a link to a fantastic idea...if you want to give someone your heart this V-Day, you can literally do so...well, A HEART, not specifically yours...check out this fabulous "Anatomical Heart"cake gift idea at "Lily Vanilli Cake Fight".


I recently found out...thanks Honey...that in the USA people don't say "Love Heart" to identify the graphical representation that we all recognize as being a heart..apparently the Americans simply use "Heart". My husband laughs when I say "Love Heart", but I just can't help it! We Australians like to distinguish what type of heart we are talking about...how do you know which one it is if you just say "Heart"? Anyways, since receiving Arna's email I thought I would stick with the "Anatomical Heart" theme for this year's V-Day!

There are many cool V-Day cards with this theme that I found. Being a huge fan of pop-up cards, this is one of my favourites:


You can buy it on ETSY from "tracyhong"....very cool!

Ok, so who doesn't need a million bags??? And who wouldn't want their own anatomical heart tote bag to carry around on V-Day? Well, if you want one, then Zazzle has the perfect gift for you...I think this is pretty fun!

ETSY is one of my favourite sites EVER! I browse that site more often than I care to admit, but they really have some fantastic stuff, and most of the time it will be a one-off original, and who doesn't love that? Here are some of my favourite items for this theme from ETSY:

Crochet heart anyone? This cute gift idea comes from "AnOptimisticCynic", she has some fantastic stuff, check out her shop if you have a strange sense of humour like me :)

I really like this beautiful hand blown miniature "Heart in a Jar" necklace from "kivaford"


For those who may need an outfit for that special evening, how about a "skeleton beating heart" dress from "repurposefulpunk"?


Now, not everyone cal pull-off that dress (or wants to), so if your Valentine is a little more conservative, perhaps a "patchwork heart pincushion" from "amazingowl" is more to your taste?


And for those with a sweet tooth, "Think Geek" (another favourite site of mine!) has some delicious looking anatomical heart candy for you!


Happy V-Day everyone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment