Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bring on Halloween!!


Image from Martha Stewart

Happy Halloween planning! I hope you've found some fun designs for your Halloween pumpkins! This past weekend we had some friends around for a pumpkin carving party, lots of fun people and great creativity! I tried to carve Martha's design which has the word "Boo" on one side and a face on the other side, it was challenging since you were not supposed to cut all the way through the pumpkin to make the word "Boo" and it was simply etched, but I cut out the centre of the "Os" without realizing it, so I continued cutting, and this was the result (I love it at night since the face is projected onto the wall while the "Boo"in the front glows, so fun!!)

Our lovely friends made fantastic pumpkins, check these out

And our friend Caroline had a lovely idea to put sequins on a pumpkin which she painted white, so pretty, great work, and a great alternative to the traditional, she's so creative!

Ok, so now that we're all done with carving, it's on to Halloween decorating! I have been searching online for great ideas, and I have seen so many amazing ideas that I thought I would share! I absolutely love the ideas at Country Living, including this great spider cake!

Good Housekeeping always has amazing designs also, and this year is no exception. Check out these ideas for decorating your home, I wish I had a fireplace and some white pumpkins!

And out friends at Woman's Day have this great Halloween wreath DIY

Materials:

15"–17" wreath base
Dry twigs
Wired candy corn, spiders, skeletons, fans of orange craft paper
Spool of fishing line
Artificial web
Small skeleton

Instructions:

  • Insert dry twigs in a vine wreath.
  • Tie on wired candy corn, spiders, skeletons, fans of orange craft paper, etc. with fishing line.
  • Drape artificial web over wreath.
  • Tie on skeleton at bottom of wreath.
And no Halloween would be complete without candy corn, which you can string together to make this fantastic garland! What a great idea :)

Happy Halloween decorating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment