Friday, July 16, 2010

Bring on "National Ice Cream Day"


Image from "Martha Stewart Living"

July 18th is "National Ice Cream Day". In 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month and apparently he also established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month...I'll go with that! Considering it's summer here in the USA I cannot think of a better celebration!

One of my favourite blogs is Eat-Drink-Chic, if you are familiar with it then you most likely saw Amy's "Ice Cream Parlour" post and all the wonderful downloads. One day I am going to print it all out and have that party for our friends, I am in awe of the design, and love that the style is vintage :)


Some of you may be aware that I absolutely adore red and white striped *ANYTHING*, so I thought I would create some fun downloads for you if you want to have your own red-and-white striped ice cream party! If you click on the images they will appear full size and you can save them then print them out. Enjoy!

To start off your party planning, you may want to give out some party invitations! I suggest you print these onto card!

I love welcome signs at parties, and again, this would be much better printed on card, or otherwise stuck onto the front of a board of some sort.



For the table, you will definitely need some place cards, and again, print on card for these also.



And finally, if you are planning to make ice-cream cones, then you'll undoubtedly want to have some matching cone wraps to go with the theme :)

Happy National Ice Cream Day, thanks Ronald Reagan!

No comments:

Post a Comment